Day dreaming is the name of the game these days, so why not get a jump start on it with your Pemberton Property wish list? Perhaps you were planning a move to Pemberton, but do to the uncertainty created by COVID-19 you put it temporarily on hold. If that’s the case, do some planning now and reflect on what is and isn’t working in your current home so that when you are confident, you can make the move with ease.
What are those things that you can’t live without and what are you just fed up with and wanting to change? We’ve put together a list of questions to help you assess your current living situation, so you can find out exactly what your needs and wants are. It’s important to note that the Pemberton real estate market is still active, and we encourage you to get in touch with your local realtor for more accurate information.
What’s Working and What Isn’t?
When it comes to day-to-day operations, what’s it like living in your home? You may find that you don’t use every room, or even that your property is overflowing with items that could really do with a proper place to be stored!
- What is your home’s best quality?
- What is your home’s worst quality?
- What is your favourite room and why?
Analyzing your current property will help you find the right aspects to look for in your new home. It can be easy to get sidetracked and carried away when looking, so creating a thorough list of needs and wants will help.
How do you use your home?
How do you feel about your space inside and out? This can include anything from the style of the property, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, size of the lot, or even things like having a garage or a garden.
- Do you have enough space or too much?
- Do you have enough bedrooms and bathrooms?
- Do you like the number of levels?
- Are you happy with the amount of light?
- Do you like the fixtures and finishings?
- Is there anything missing?
- Do you have or want outdoor space?
- Does your home have curb appeal?
- Do you have room to park? Or do you want a garage?
- Do you enjoy the upkeep of the exterior?
There are lots of things to consider when assessing your property along with your needs and wants. It can help by going through room by room and listing out how you use the space and what you would change if you could. You can never be too thorough!
There is no point looking at homes all across the area only to find one in a neighbourhood you don’t want to live in. Consider aspects of your current neighbourhood, and things that would be ideal in a new area.
- Are you happy in your neighbourhood? What are your likes and dislikes?
- Do you have to travel for for things like groceries?
- Are you happy with your commute?
- Do you enjoy the lifestyle opportunities in your area?
Preparing your Wishlist
As you work through these questions make a list of everything you are looking for and place these items in the following categories:
- Must Have(s)
- Very Important
- Nice to Have
- Not Important
This will help you analyze properties as you begin your home search and allow you to have a better understanding of what you’re really looking for.
For more information on buying a home in Pemberton, get in touch with one of our local agents.