If Pemberton is known for one thing in the winter, it’s sledding. Driving through you can’t help but notice a sled in nearly every drive. But that’s not all, there are so many winter activities to choose from in Pemberton.
With Whistler on 30 minutes down the highway, in many ways Pemberton is a secret hive of winter activities and one which locals thrive on. Here is a small taste of what’s on offer:
- Ice climbing: on the Joffre Glacier
- Heli-skiing: whether you ski or board, there is a lot of fun to be had
- Snowmobiling: one of the most famous Pemberton winter activities, on the local trails or in the backcountry, including the renowned Pemberton Ice Cap
- Ski Touring
- Cross Country Skiing: on the trails and in some of the finest backcountry terrain in BC
- Ice Skating: there is a huge selection of lakes to choose from, and you may even find a hockey game!
- Winter Camping
- Ice fishing